What to expect during a Boudoir Photoshoot…
You’re thinking about doing a boudoir photoshoot, but feeling nervous and excited all at once. You’re in good company. Nearly everyone who’s come to our studio has been in your shoes. There’s only one Beyonce in the world. The rest of us are just doing our best to be our most confident selves.
The good news is, a boudoir photoshoot is a huge step toward owning that confidence. The fact that you’re here, visiting our site means you’re already your way.
The first and most important thing to know is we’re here for you. We’ll be your advocate and champion throughout the entire experience. Below we’ve detailed a typical session from start to finish, so you know what else you should expect. We hope this eases your butterflies and are excited to hear from you!
If you’re ready to speak with us directly, we’d love to talk! In fact, we encourage it! A phone call gives you a chance to hear our voices and us a chance to answer any questions you may still have. You can reach us at 773-273-9063.
-xoxo Kelly & Maggie
P.S. You can also see behind the scenes action at our instagram account.
A BOUDOIR PHOTOSHOOT WITH REVEALED STUDIOS: STEP-BY-STEP
1. When you first arrive, we’ll greet you and show you around the studio. From there we’ll take a look at the outfits. If you brought extra outfits, we’ll help you narrow it down to your top three and give you suggestions for what, from our experience, tends to work best. Before you get started in hair and makeup you’ll have time to chat with your makeup artist about what you want (or don’t want!), and if you have a specific vision for your look.
2. While you’re getting ready, we’ll talk to you more about your vision for the shoot, if there are certain images you’re drawn to, or an overall vibe you were hoping to achieve. After your makeup artist puts on the final touches, we’ll get you in your first outfit!
3. Our boudoir photography session is arranged much like an editorial fashion shoot, lasting up to three hours. We want you to feel like a superstar. From hair and makeup, to wardrobe styling, to posing and direction, we’re here to create an unforgettable experience just for you. Not everyone is comfortable in the beginning, but we promise that by the end you’ll be having more fun than you expected.
4. After your shoot, we have you back to the studio within ten days to view your images. At this time you’ll make your final product choice. We want you to be blown away. We know, for many, this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so we are 100% committed to exceed your expectations.
5. We know there’s a lot to think about when choosing a boudoir photographer. (In fact, we have a whole blog post dedicated to that topic.) You want your photographer to be someone who will honor and celebrate your individuality with attention to care and quality. We want to do just that for you.