How to Prepare for a Boudoir Photoshoot
Preparing for your boudoir photoshoot – Everything you need to know!
Doing a boudoir photoshoot can be a bit scary. The last thing you want to be thinking about the morning of your boudoir session is whether you prepared correctly. We’ve created a how to guide to ensure you have everything covered before your boudoir experience.
1. Choose your outfits. You want to make sure you have AT LEAST three options for your boudoir photoshoot. When in doubt, bring more and we can help you narrow them down. What sort of looks work best for the camera? We suggest one classic outfit, like a black body suit or bra and panty set. The rest can be reflective of your taste and style. Have fun with it. If you’re having serious trouble, don’t hesitate to ask for our help.
2. Pumps. Unless you’re really against heels, we highly recommend bringing a pair of black and a pair of nude pumps for your photoshoot. (Of course you can bring others, but those two options are totally safe and will work with any boudoir outfit you might wear.
3. Accessorize. After you’ve chosen your boudoir looks, it’s time to add the finishing touches. We love little touches of sparkle–like diamond or rhinestone earrings, and delicate necklaces. Not confident with your jewelry, don’t worry, the goods you were born with will be the best accessory of all. Plus, we have some studio options you can use during the photo session.
4. Props. Adding an extra element can be a fun addition to your boudoir shoot. Whether “teacher glasses” or poker chips, props can be a playful, personal touch. So when preparing for the boudoir photoshoot make sure you grab some of those props that speak to your inner-sexy-self.
5. Wax. This isn’t a must, but a well groomed bikini area is always encouraged. Shaving is totally fine, just be sure to exfoliate to protect against ingrown hairs.
6. Exfoliate. Speaking of, while you’re at it, a day before your session, use a gentle exfoliator on your face. This will help remove dead skin cells for a better makeup application.
7. Spray Tan. Let’s face it, most of us all feel better with a healthy glow. However, tan lines are tough to photoshop and plus, too much sun is rough on skin. We recommend a spray tan from the lovely ladies over at Glowout salon. They’re familiar with our work and will take great care of you. Check out their FAQ page to find out exactly when to book your session (typically prep two days before your boudoir photoshoot) and what to do beforehand for best results
8. Hydrate. We can’t say this enough. Water is wonderful for helping you look and feel refreshed for your photo shoot.
9. Rest. As much as is possible, try to get a good night’s sleep leading up to your session. This will help you feel and look your best. You’re going to be bending into some pretty wicked poses, some that require a bit of strength. It might sound silly, but boudoir is a lot like a workout, so we want you to feel energized when you arrive. Though rest assured, we won’t ask you to do anything you don’t want to do.
10. Set your Intention. Ok, so this last one is going to sound a bit new-agey, and we’re big believers in setting a positive intention before your shoot. From the moment you book, positivity & body confidence are what we promote! This is a chance to celebrate who you are and where you are in life. We want you to come in feeling positive and excited for your boudoir photoshoot. We know nerves are a part of this whole experience as well, and that’s ok. But a great attitude is the best thing you can do to create great results from this special day. And know, every woman is courageous, beautiful, unique, strong, and exotic in your own way! Our promise is to show you that through your photos.
So don’t wait, start preparing for your photoshoot today. If you have any questions regarding your upcoming boudoir photo session with us at Revealed Studios, we are only a call away!